Sync Files with OneDrive in Windows
With OneDrive, you can sync files between your computer and the cloud, so you can get to your files from anywhere – your computer, your mobile device, and even through a web browser by accessing CowboyMail. If you add, change, or delete a file or folder in your OneDrive folder, the file or folder is added, changed, or deleted on the OneDrive website and vice versa. You can work with your synced files directly in File Explorer and access your files even when you’re offline. Whenever you’re back online, any changes that you or others make will sync automatically.
Connecting Your Computer to OneDrive
If you’re using Windows 10, your computer already has the OneDrive app installed.
- Select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then open it.
- When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your OKState email address, and select Sign in.
- If it asks, be sure to select the option for Work or School Account.
- Finish the setup wizard and you will be able to access your OneDrive files using the File Explorer on your taskbar.
- Your OneDrive folder will be located on the navigation menu to the left.
Syncing Shared Folders to Your Computer
When someone shares a folder with you, it appears in the Shared section of your OneDrive online via CowboyMail. If you have Edit permissions to those shared folders, you can add them to the My files section of your OneDrive to make them easier to access and work with.
- You can only add shared folders to your OneDrive, not individual shared files.
- Shared folders added to your OneDrive do not use any of your OneDrive storage space. They only count against the folder owner’s storage space.
- You can also access shared folders from your Shared list on OneDrive.com or in the OneDrive mobile apps. You can still copy, move, edit, rename, share, and delete anything in the folder.
Syncing Shared Folders
- Sign in to CowboyMail on your browser with your OKEY credentials and click the Waffle Icon and choose OneDrive.
- On the left navigation pane, under OneDrive, select Shared.
- Locate the folder you want to add, select the circle to the left of the folder’s title, and then select Add shortcut to OneDrive on the top menu. Or right-click a folder and select Add shortcut to OneDrive.
- Open your File Explorer again and you’ll notice the shared folder will now be available under your main OneDrive folder. From there you can add or view files within that folder.
Microsoft has made it very easy to sync shared folders to your computer. If you get stuck or would like any further information about shared folders in OneDrive, please contact your respective Computer Support Specialist.